Nokia Music has raised to be easily on the top 2 most significant services/apps on Lumias and now Nokia is looking to extend this with Nokia Music+ that has subscription fee of €3.99/$3.99 per month. Before you panic, don’t worry, you will be able to enjoy Nokia Music and Mix Radio on your Lumia just as before. Everything is still free and no changes are made to Nokia Music.
Nokia Music+ is an extended version of Nokia Music that removes the boundaries that for cost Nokia has needed to keep.
- Unlimited skips. Whether you like to skip from track to track, or just want extra control over what you hear. There’s no stopping you with Nokia Music+.
- Unlimited downloads. The free service allows you to download up to four Mixes (each of which contains hours of music) and play them without an Internet connection. The paid service removes this limit – you can download a massive supply of offline music you can swap as you wish.
- Higher quality. We were surprised by the high quality of streaming music from Nokia Music, even over a 2.5G connection. Nokia Music+ allows you to download music at eight times the existing quality. Plus, you can set rules to only download high quality when you’re on WiFi, for example.
- Lyrics. Words to the songs you’re listening to, right on your Nokia Lumia. Either in a scrolling list, Karaoke-style format, or a display you can scroll up and down.
- On your desktop. The Nokia Music+ subscription also gives you access to the service without your phone. A web-app gives you the ability to play Mixes on your computer, smart TV or other connected screens.
Nokia Music+ will roll out in the next few weeks. The price will vary slightly according to territory, but is expected be available at around €3.99/month.
Xbox Music services have been slow to move and Nokia seemingly has been much more eager to make its Nokia Music service available everywhere it can. I believes Nokia Music+ is a great addition by Nokia and actually kind of interesting at that it’s the first paid app made by Nokia for Lumias. Also the price at €3.99 a month undercuts the likes of Spotify for mobile solutions by quite a bit. Spotify for example is 9,99 € per month for mobile streaming.
Outside of Lumias?
Nokia does not say if the application is available for other manufacturers Windows Phone handsets as well, but i would be inclined to believe it will. Nokia also extends Nokia Music to your Windows 8, Windows 8 RT as native apps and as a web app. Could we see iPhone and Android Nokia Music+ at some point like Nokia is extending its HERE maps?