Jussi Mäkinen from Nokia is asking you to give some suggestions about the Asha phones coming out in 2014. So throw your suggestions to him when you still can on twitter.
Off to Beijing tomorrow where we start to dream the #Asha 2014 collection together with our designers and R&D offsite somewhere in hutongs. – Jussi Mäkinen
In my opinion OS itself is still the one that needs to be brought more upwards to compete cheapo Androids with smoother UI and multitasking.
Though if we are discussing hardware only.
- Time to update the resolution on Asha phones. We are not expecting HD screens on Asha phones anywhere soon as with ramped up resolution you will also need to scale the hardware accordingly, but even on slightly under 100 euros phones the QVGA is not simply cutting it anymore.
- I have been for long time wondering why Nokia hasn’t done super slim phone with less of everything else. This concerns Lumia and Asha line. We have seen the Nokia design combined with thin body to be rare occurrence with Nokia and it seems to work almost every time in sales (5310, E71, 6300, 6500 Classic), so why shouldn’t it now?
- Absolutely keep the bright and fun looking devices coming, yet i would not mind to see how low in price Nokia can go and still produce phone with metal shell. Maybe combine that with the less of everything else thin phone?
- I guess improving cameras is a bit of a no-brainer and i wont really go deeper on what i might wanna see there. Some have suggested Asha PureView phones, but i’m definitely against that. You don’t need to bring down all of your brands and as a whole the Pure family should stay on very high end in my opinion. PureView, PureMotion +HD can bring value to Asha phones by just existing on Nokia portfolio.
- I would also love to see Nokia bringing some of that fun factor back with different form factors Nokia used to produce in the time of N93, 6822 and 5700. That said it should still need so serve some purpose and not looking horrible like Nokia 7705 ended up doing.
Jussi Mäkinen’s twitter for you to throw out your suggestions or discuss here.