Nokia Transport has had so many updates on Windows Phone that you already forgot Symbian had similar application in the library.
Nokia Public Transport v2.1 on Symbian is a heavy update where Nokia unifies S^1 and S^3 feature sets and adds lots of new features, UI changes.
What’s new in 2.1?
- All the platforms (S^1 and S^3-all firmwares) have now the same feature set – only difference is Transport Nearby on the map (which is only supported on Belle and newer firmwares).
- Transport Nearby in estimated routing areas.
- Improvements: battery live, start-up time, UI for Transport Nearby page, etc.
- Bug fixing.
What else is new in 2.1 for S^3 preAnna and Anna firmwares?
- Simple routing: Simple routing uses the map data to calculate a heuristic route, based on the likely frequency of lines.
- Improved experience in the available cities and increase to more cities; especially in China.
- Much more coverage: many more timetable cities + simple routing (before only Germany, UK, USA, Canada, Finland, Belgium Denmark and New Zealand)
What else is new in 2.1 new for S^1?
- Much more coverage: many more timetable cities + simple routing (before only Berlin/Brandenburg).
- Transport Nearby: search for a station around a certain spot and get all the departures from that station.
- Line information: the stops along a line and its frequency.
- Integration of Nokia Maps: walk to or show your destination on the map using Nokia Maps.
- Coverage check: at the first time usage, a coverage check will show information about the supported coverage in the user‘s city. Besides, some legal information will also presented to the user.
- Localization: now supports all languages that are available on Symbian (before only English and German)
- Lots of visual improvements.
Nokia Public Transport for Symbian is available from Nokia Store, but is still in Beta. You can leave your feedback to here: betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia-public-transport-for-symbian-v2-0/give-feedback
Nokia Store link