This rumor is from a anonymous tipster on nokiapoweruser, so take the information below as you like.
- N8 successor aka 808 pure view will have two processor cores(Dual core)
- It will have Lumia 900′s design language.
- N9 like display where icons seems to float on the surface.
- So far pretty much the only comments Dsmobile has made about the design has been that it will have polycarbonate build and will feature battery cover. Use of 900 as a example, rather than N9/800 tips it to be flat surfaced screen and indeed polycarbonate build. That said i’m not sure how would that battery cover exactly work in that design.
- Floating icons mean that the display is glued to the Gorilla Glass, similar to N9.
- The dual core question raises again. Pretty much every other rumor has stated N8 successor to have dual core. Even the original source (symbianlatino) of the leaked picture of Carla and Donna specifications said N8 successor to have dual core back in November last year.
What of course makes this confusing is that the picture he himself leaked said that Donna would only support dual core processors and yet he said that we would get dual core Symbian phone in 2012. Be it the last Symbian phone or not , it will most probably be one of the last high end Symbian phones so some dual core love would certainly make it’s lifespan longer and indeed enable such things as 1080 video recording (while these might be achieved with 1GHz single core and powerful GPU). I’am myself highly skeptical it will have dual core.