Ask Ziggy is quite well done voice recognition that actually does it all very nicely. Example “text wife i’m coming late” will actually do just that, you are just needed to push the send button to confirm the text messages content. What’s just as cool is that the app is all free and available from Marketplace right now.
If you are craving Siri like functionality for Windows Phone and more, look no further. Ask Ziggy is your Personal Assistant that goes beyond Siri functionality. You can Call, Text, Email your contacts, Update Windows Live, Facebook, and Twitter, Get Weather, Stock Values, Flight Statuses, Get Ziggy to do Math, or ask any question you want (i.e. Who is the tallest person?) all by speaking to your phone.
You can even change the voice from male to Female. The best thing about Ask Ziggy is that it is completely free!
Video by GeoPupApp
Here’s some tips to get you started.
- Directions – “Find” + [search word]. For Example. “Find Thai Food”, “Find Gas”, etc…
- Flight Status – say “Flight” + [airline] + [flight number]. For Example. “Flight Jet Blue 234″.
- Stock Prices – say [company name] + “stock value”. For Example: “Starbucks stock value”. You can try to substitute a company name with the Ticker symbol such as “MSFT” for “Microsoft”.
- Weather – say “The weather In [location]“. For example “The Weather in New York City” or substitute another city names.
- Tip Calculator and other simple math – say “Calculate” + [operation]. For example: For a tip calculation say “calculate point 2 times 47 point 99″ for 20% of $47.99. Other examples are “5 + 3″, “100 ÷ 3″, “10 – 5″, etc…
- You can view search results for all your questions by clicking on your speech bubble at any time.
- You can make Ziggy repeat any time by clicking on Ziggy’s speech bubble.
- You can also change Ziggy’s voice in the settings page.